Virtual San is a radically simple, hypervisor-converged storage for VMs. It delivers high performance scale-out storage that is optimized for vSphere virtual infrastructure. It is an enterprise class storage solution for any virtualized application including mission-critical workloads. Its seamless integration with vSphere and the entire VMware stack makes it the ideal storage platform for all VMs.
VMware VIRTUAL SAN
Virtual SAN provides radically simple storage optimized for vSphere environments. Managed through the VMware vSphere® Web Client and interoperable with other VMware products, Virtual SAN takes the complexity out of storage.
Virtual SAN is embedded in the ESXi kernel to
minimize the I/O path and provide unmatched performance Virtual SAN also leverages
a flash-accelerated architecture to accelerate
Virtual SAN delivers lower TCO by up to 50 percent by reducing storage-capital cost and by providing increased operational efficiency. Virtual SAN relies on standard x86 servers and gives customers the flexibility to granularly scale, and avoid both over-provisioning and large upfront capital costs.
• Automation of storage class of service at scale: Provision virtual machines quickly across data center using a common control plane (SPBM) for automation.
• Self-Service capabilities: Empower application administrators with cloud automation tool integration (VMware vRealize™ Automation™, PowerCLI, OpenStack).
• Simple change management using policies: Eliminate change management overhead and use policies to drive infrastructure changes.
• Finer control of storage class of service: Match virtual machine storage requirements exactly as needed with class of service delivered per virtual machine.
• Effective monitoring/troubleshooting with per virtual machine visibility: Gain visibility on individual virtual
machine performance and storage consumption.
• Safeguard existing investment: Use existing resources more efficiently with an operational model that
eliminates inefficient static and rigid storage constructs.
Need Help Choosing a Solution?